Moist—fragrant—and delish! This cake fills your house with the sweet scent of spiced apples and it delivers great flavor. The layered apples lend moisture and the cake keeps for several days—if it last that long.
1. Line your springform pan with a greased and floured piece of parchment paper. Pour 2 cups of batter into the pan and spread it evenly over the bottom forming the first layer.
2. Arrange one-third of the apple slices in a circular design over the batter. Extend the apples to edge of the pan.
3. Form the second layer by pouring 2 more cups of batter over the apples and spreading it evenly to the edge of the pan.
4. Repeat step 2 placing the next third of apples over the batter.
5. Pour the remaining 2 cups of batter over the apples forming the third layer. Spread evenly to the edge of the pan.
6. Arrange the remaining apples in a circular design over the top. Place the cake in a pre-heated oven and bake according to the instructions on the Apple Cake recipe page.