Crusty Bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Chili Flakes Recipe
Best-quality oil, sweet balsamic, and fiery chiles turn a simple loaf of bread into a culinary event. Just add a bottle of wine, plus a good friend to share it with.
||crusty bread, torn or sliced
||extra virgin olive oil*
||red chili flakes
|*Add a bit of variety by using olive oils infused with garlic, basil, or chili.
1. Warm and slice the bread and place in a basket or on a breadboard.
2. Set out two bread plates and pour about 1/ 2 cup of the olive oil into the center of each.
3. Pour the balsamic vinegar into the center of the olive oil.
4. Place the chili flakes into a small dish with a serving spoon and let diners choose the amount of flakes they prefer sprinkled over their oil and vinegar mixture.
5. Dip the bread into the mixture.