Mojito Cuban Cocktail Recipe
The mojito is a light and refreshing rum-based highball. With hints of fresh mint and lime, it’s a tropical vacation in a glass.
Serves 1 cocktail
||mint sprigs, plus additional for garnish
||freshly squeezed lime juice
||lime slice, for garnish
*If simple syrup is unavailable, substitute with superfine sugar.
- Place the mint, simple syrup and lime juice in a highball glass.
- Muddle the mint leaves until bruised and a mint scent fills the glass.
Note: Be gentle, as you are releasing the essential oils into the drink and not shredding the leaves.
- Add the rum and stir well. (If using superfine sugar, mix until dissolved.)
- Add the ice cubes and top with a splash of club soda. Give a quick stir to mix.
- Garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig.
- Serve immediately