Cherry-Almond Clafouti Recipe
While some traditional recipes claim that using un-pitted cherries in clafoutis enhances the dish’s flavor, I’m unwilling to risk the broken teeth! Enhanced with amaretto and vanilla, this version boasts plenty of flavor, and is ideal for dessert or brunch.
||fresh cherries, pitted
|*Heavy cream also works well in this clafouti.**Substitute 1 teaspoon almond extract if the Amaretto is unavailable.
Preheat the oven to 425 °
- Butter a nine-inch skillet and set it in the oven while you prepare the batter.
- Combine the buttermilk, eggs, sugar, Amaretto, vanilla, and salt into a blender and process until well mixed.
- Add the flour and process until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the pre-heated skillet from the oven and pour the batter in.
- Quickly sprinkle the cherries evenly over the batter and return to the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top browns too fast, loosely cover it with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, spoon into individual bowls, and serve immediately.
35 minutes plus 10 minutes downtime.