Peach and Blackberry Shortcake Recipe
Once spring gives way to summer, shortcake lovers can kiss strawberries goodbye and rejoice in a world of less predictable options.
||ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
||freshly squeezed lemon juice
||whipped cream for topping
- Place the peaches, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a spacious bowl and mix well.
- Squish the peaches gently with your hands—just enough to get the juices flowing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6–8 hours.
- Remove an hour before serving and bring to room temperature.
- Just before assembling, gently add the blackberries.
- To assemble the shortcakes, slice the biscuits horizontally and “sandwich” a generous serving of fruit, juices and cream between two biscuit halves. Top with additional cream if desired.
- Serve immediately.
30 minutes with pre-made biscuits, plus several hours downtime