Mangos Diablo Flaming Dessert Recipe
Mangos were made to pair with tequila and lime. Here, a sprinkle of sea salt offers a nod toward the salt on the rim of a margarita glass.
||butter, cut into pieces
||dark brown sugar
||ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and sliced
||good quality white tequila
||sea salt (optional for garnish)
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the brown sugar. Cook the mixture for 5–6 minutes until it starts to caramelize.
- Stir in the Grand Marnier, lime juice and sliced mangos. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the tequila over the mangos and ignite with a long-stemmed match or lighter. Cook for another 2–3 minutes, until the flames burn off.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream and/or crêpes. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt if desired.
10 minutes; 12–15 minutes cooking time.