1. Mash the raspberries in a medium-mixing bowl.
2. Place the berries and lemon juice in a large, fine mesh sieve set over a bowl and press the fruit through, removing all of the seeds. Discard seeds.
3. Add the simple sypley to the strained fruit and mix well.
4. Cover the raspberry mixture with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4–6 hours or overnight to chill completely.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Place the finished sorbet in a container and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
7. Remove the sorbet from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.