This simple pie depends almost entirely on berries for its flavor, so the fruit should be peak-season perfect. When made with fresh strawberries straight from the farmer’s market, it’s a show-stopper.
|1||recipe||baked and cooled graham cracker crust|
|8||ounces||cream cheese, room temperature|
|2||tablespoons||fresh lemon juice|
|2||pints||medium to large strawberries, sliced flat across the bottom*|
|*Buy strawberries at your local farmers market, an independent produce dealer or farm stand for best flavor. Supermarket berries are often pretty, but tasteless.|
- Fit your electric mixer with the paddle attachment and whip the cream cheese, sugar, lemon and vanilla at medium speed until smooth—approximately one to two minutes.
- Remove the paddle and insert the whisk attachment. Pour in the cold cream, and beat at medium speed until mixture just forms stiff peaks.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate 4–6 hours until well chilled.
- Remove from the refrigerator and spread 2/3 cup of the glaze over the top of the cream filling.
- Arrange the strawberries on top of the pie and brush each with the glaze. Pour the remaining glaze over the pie.
- Chill for at least four, but not more than 12 hours before serving.