Fettuccine Alfredo Italian Recipe
Smooth, rich Fettuccine Alfredo is surprisingly easy to make from scratch and can compete with any restaurant’s rendition. Parmesan cheese steals the show here, and makes for a finger-licking sauce that will leave everyone wanting seconds.
Serves 4 servings
||fettuccini, cooked al dente
||freshly ground black pepper
||grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Combine the heavy cream and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until ingredients are hot.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg, mixing well to incorporate.
- Add the cooked fettuccini to the sauce and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Add one cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste and serve immediately.
- Set out the remaining Parmesan cheese in a bowl for sprinkling over individual portions.
Approximately 15–20 minutes with pasta cooked beforehand.