Serve this nutritious and flavorful spread with wedges of fresh pita. It’s also terrific in a sandwich, piled high with crisp greens and tomatoes.
|1||cup||canned chickpeas, drained*|
|1/3||cup||lemon juice* *|
|1/4||teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|* Garbanzo beans** Approximately 2 lemons|
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse to remove the starch.
2. Stir the tahini, if needed, to distribute the oil.
3. Place the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, scallions, Tabasco Sauce, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Adjust the consistency if needed with a small amount of water.
4. Taste the hummus and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
5. Scoop the hummus into a small dish, make an indentation in the middle, and fill it with the olive oil.
6. Sprinkle the parsley and paprika over the top and serve.