A few black bananas are all the excuse you need to whip up loaf of this fragrant, tasty bread. It’s great on its own, but even better with a slathering of sweet butter and orange marmalade.
|1||cup||toasted walnuts, chopped|
|1/2||cup||butter, room temperature|
|3/4||cup||packed brown sugar|
|2 1/3||cups||mashed over-ripe bananas|
Pre-heat oven to 350°
Lightly grease a 9x4-inch loaf pan
1. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and walnuts in a large, spacious mixing bowl.
2. Place the butter, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in the bowl of your food processor or electric mixer and cream together.
3. Add the bananas and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake 60–65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
6. Remove the bread from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
7. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.