This may be the simplest carrot cake you’ve ever tried—and one of the best. While many versions get fancy with nuts, coconut, pineapple and the like, this one appeals to the purist with nothing but carrots and a hint of spice.
|1 1/2||cups||vegetable oil|
|2||cups||unbleached all-purpose flour|
|1||recipe||cream cheese frosting|
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray or butter two 9-inch cake pans. Sprinkle with sugar and shake out excess.
- In a large bowl, cream the oil and sugar.
- Add the eggs and carrots and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add slowly to the carrot mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 325 degees for 30–35 minutes, until the cakes spring back when pressed gently in the center.
- Cool before frosting.
- Refrigerate completed cake. Remove from refrigerator 1–2 hours before serving.