This intense, exotic sorbet works wonderfully with spicy ethnic cuisine. Add a few simple lemon cookies alongside if you want a more substantial dessert.
|5||ripe peaches, skinned and sliced|
|1 1/2||cups||ginger syrup|
|1/3||cup||freshly squeezed lime juice|
|cooked ginger, cooled and finely chopped*|
|*Use the ginger pieces from making the ginger syrup. They are small, sweet, and give a huge burst of peppery flavor to the sorbet.|
- Place the peaches, ginger syrup, and lime juice in a blender and liquefy.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 4–6 hours to ripen.
- Pour the sorbet into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Stir in the cooled, cooked ginger pieces from the syrup, and mix well
- Spoon the finished sorbet into a container, cover, and place in the freezer for 4–6 hours or overnight to harden.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.