This dish comes from India’s Gujarat region, located on the western coast. An officially vegetarian state, Gujarat is known for its unique cuisine.
|1/2||teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|1||tablespoon||black mustard seeds|
|4||teaspoons||greshly squeezed lime juice|
- Place the grated carrots in a spacious bowl, add the salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it sizzles.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook for several seconds, until the seeds begin pop.
- Remove from the heat, give the pan a little shake, and pour the mustard seeds and oil over the carrots. Mix well.
- Pour on the lime juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately, or hold at room temperature for several hours.