Classic Pancakes with Honey Plum Compote Recipe
A quintessential morning delight, these simple pancakes will send the kind from a mix scurrying away in shame!
||Honey Plum Compote
||unbleached all-purpose flour
||unsalted butter, melted and cooled*
||large egg, slightly beaten
||butter for frying
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk, butter and egg. Whisk just until combined. A few lumps are okay.
- Grease and preheat the griddle or frying pan to medium high and ladle out batter to desired size.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form around the edges. Flip and brown the other side.
- Store on a plate in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with plum honey compote or butter and real maple syrup.
15 minutes prep time plus 2–5 minutes per pancake.