This mild salsa is the perfect accompaniment for Salvadoran pupusas. And for a more familiar combo, use any extra atop your favorite tortilla chips.
|4||Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|1||bell pepper, stem removed, halved, seeded and roughly chopped|
- Place the tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt into a blender and liquefy.
- Heat the oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the salsa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat-resistant bowl.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon over pupusas and serve.
NOTE: Salsa stores well in the refrigerator for several days.