Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
This delectable treat combines the cool tang of cream cheese with the spicy warmth of ginger. It’s the ideal complement to pumpkin cupcakes, but also works beautifully with carrot cake, or even chocolate cake for an unexpected blend of flavors.
||cream cheese, room temperature
||butter, room temperature
| *This is approximately 8 ounces of confectioner’s sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually sift in the confectioner’s sugar, ginger and salt.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
To decorate the cupcakes for Halloween:
- Tint half of the frosting orange and frost half the cupcakes.
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a fine-tip, with leftover black buttercream and pipe pumpkin faces. Alternately, decorate with candy corn.
- Do not tint the other half of the frosting and frost cupcakes.
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a fine-tip, with leftover black buttercream and create a “web” by piping graduated circles around cupcake top and then dragging the edge of a knife through the circles to create a web design.