Pistachio and Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
Light, airy and flavorful, this is like biting into a frozen cloud studded with shards of chocolate and nuggets of pistachio.
||shelled, salted pistachios
||bittersweet chocolate, grated
A 2-quart mold or eight 6-ounce ramekins.
- In a blender or food processor, process 1 cup of pistachios with all but 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Add the remaining half cup of pistachios and pulse just briefly, so a few good-sized pieces remain.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the ground nuts and grated chocolate.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until semi-stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the whipped cream mixture.
- Gently spread into a 2-quart mold or eight 6-ounce ramekins and freeze until firm—about 6 hours.
- To unmold, dip the mold in a dish of lukewarm water for 30-60 seconds. Run a knife around the edge and invert.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 25 minutes; Freezing Time: 6 hours