This luscious mixture is one of the most versatile preparations in the world of pastry. Use it to fill and frost cakes, to top ice cream, to dip fruit… or just eat it with a spoon! Traditional ganache contains only chocolate and cream, but my version adds butter for extra sheen and vanilla and brandy for depth of flavor.
|8||ounces||bittersweet chocolate, melted*|
|* Use top quality brands like Valrhona and Scharffen Berger.|
- Combine the chocolate and butter and mix well.
- Pour the cream into a medium saucepan and heat to just below a simmer.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour in the chocolate, and whisk thoroughly until smooth.
- Cool then stir in the vanilla and brandy.
- Cover and refrigerate. Ganache keeps well for five to seven days.