Chocolate Valentine’s Day Ganache Cake Recipe
Chocolate ganache filling and glaze transform ordinary layer cake into an elegant affair.
|*Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, or a mix if you absolutely must.
- Spread 2/3 of the filling evenly over the top of one cake layer.
- Carefully place the second layer on top.
- Use the remaining filling to frost a thin “crumb coat” on the cake, sealing in crumbs and making a smooth base for the glaze.
- Place the cake on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. (The baking sheet will catch all the chocolaty drips.)
- Pour the ganache glaze over cake, coating the entire cake evenly.
- Garnish the cake with toasted nuts while the glaze is still soft, or wait until it is set and garnish with fresh flowers, powdered sugar or whipped cream.
- Allow the ganache to firm for at least 1 hour before serving.
NOTE: A ganache-glazed cake may be refrigerated, but it tends to lose some of its sheen.
Under 20 minutes with one hour downtime.