This is a never-fail cookie; thick, chewy and utterly ice cream ready.
|2 1/2||cups||oat flour*|
|2||cups||unbleached all-purpose flour|
|12||ounces||bitter or semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)|
|1 1/2||cups||chopped pecans|
|*While purchased oat flour works best, you can also use regular oatmeal, ground to a powder in a blender or food processor.|
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oat flour, unbleached flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies have just begun to brown on the bottoms.
- Transfer to racks to cool.