Sleek, streamlined and full of cocoa goodness, these wafers form the basis for the ultimate ice cream sandwich. Or the ultimate midnight snack!
|1/2||cup||butter, room temperature|
|2||cups||unbleached all-purpose flour|
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Don’t overmix.
- Gather the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly flour the work surface and roll the dough to about ¼ inch thick. Cut out 12 rectangles, about 2” x 5”. (Circles, stars and squares work well too.)
- Place the wafers on an ungreased cookie sheet and decoratively score them with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a metal rack.