Coconut Macaroon Classic Cookies Recipe
Almond paste gives these macaroons an extra dimension of flavor and a wonderfully moist, chewy consistency.
||coconut, sweetened flaky
| *Find almond paste in the baking section of your local supermarket.
Preheat oven to 325°
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the almond paste, egg whites, and sugar in the bowl of your electric mixer using the medium speed, and mix until you have a smooth, thick, goo consistency.
- Add the flour, salt, almond and vanilla flavorings, and mix well.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and fold in the coconut.
- Place heaping tablespoons of batter one inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Use a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop for uniform cookies.
- Bake for 22–24 minutes, or until they become a pale golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes, and transfer the macaroons to a cooling rack.
Approximately 35–40 minutes.