Suitable for dessert. Sublime for breakfast!
|1 1/2||cups||all purpose flour|
|3||cups||fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries, or fresh fruit of your choice|
|1/3||cup||all purpose flour|
|1/2||cup||firmly packed brown sugar or other sweetener|
|1/2||teaspoon||cinnamon or other spice|
|* Use butter or vegetable shortening such as Crisco—Do not use margarine.|
Preheat oven to 350°
Grease and flour a 9x9-inch square pan or 10-inch tube pan.
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and beat well.
4. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
5. Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared pan, top with fruit. Gently spread remaining batter on top.
1. Combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is crumbly. Don’t over mix.
3. Stir in nuts and sprinkle on top of cake.
Bake for 55–65 minutes until cake is deep golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers—as if there’ll be any.