Keema—an Indian dish of spiced ground beef—lends unexpected complexity to these easy stuffed peppers. Use peppers in a variety of colors for a pretty presentation.
|2||cups||cooked undercooked basmati rice*|
|~||freshly ground black pepper|
|~||red chili powder|
|*Note: Cook the rice slightly less long than you normally would, allowing it to retain a firm—not crunchy—center. The rice will finish cooking inside the peppers, resulting in a perfect tender texture. Click here to learn more about cooking Basmati rice.|
Pre-heat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix the keema and rice in a spacious bowl. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Remove the tops, bottoms, and seeds from the peppers.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish so that they don’t touch.
- Fill each pepper to the top with the meat mixture.
- Pour boiling water into the bottom of the baking dish to a one-inch depth.
- Cover with aluminum foil bake for 30 minutes.