This flavorful blend works almost anywhere—as a zesty first course, a tasty side for grilled meat or fish, or as an entrée in its own right.
|1/2||cup||extra virgin olive oil|
|2||tablespoons||freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1||teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|6||cups||cooked, hot orzo*|
|1||cup||sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1/2||cup||chopped roasted peppers**|
|1/2||cup||sliced Kalamata olives|
|8||ounces||sheep feta, cut in ½-inch cubes|
|* Be sure to salt your cooking water for best flavor. See How To Cook Perfect Pasta.**This equals 1 ½–2 peppers. Buy roasted peppers in a jar at most major supermarkets, or see How To Roast Peppers.|
1. Place the basil, garlic, olive oil lemon juice and zest, pepper, and salt in a blender and puree creating an emulsion. Set aside.
1. Place the hot, cooked pasta in a spacious, heat-resistant bowl, pour the dressing over it, and mix well. Cool to room temperature. The pasta will absorb the dressing and all its flavor.
2. Place the sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, olives, feta cheese, and parsley in the bowl and mix well.
3. Cover and let sit for several hours, or refrigerate overnight to develop the flavors.
4. Restore to room temperature and adjust seasonings before serving.