Somewhere between a soup and a pasta dish, turkey with noodles is the ultimate comfort food. Add a green salad for a perfect simple supper.
|1||12-ounce package||flat noodles|
|1/2||teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|2||cups||cooked turkey, cut in bite-sized pieces|
|~||Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped|
|*Substitute canned or homemade chicken broth if turkey broth is unavailable.|
1. Cook the noodles until slightly softened but still firm in the middle; drain and set aside. (The noodles will finish cooking in the soup.)
2. Place the butter and olive oil in a pan set over medium-high heat and bring to a sizzle.
3. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Adjust the heat as needed to prevent burning.
4. Sprinkle the poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and flour over the vegetables and mix well.
5. Add one cup of the stock and stir to integrate.
6. Stir in the chicken and the remaining broth.
7. Reduce the heat to low, add the noodles and peas. Mix well.
8. Cover and cook until most of the broth has been absorbed into the noodles, about half an hour.
9. Ladle into bowls and top with a sprinkling of parsley. Serve immediately.