A touch of garlic butter and the heat of a good grill are all you need to make magic of fresh morels. If you feel like getting fancy, tuck a bit of gorgonzola or other blue-veined cheese into the mushrooms before grilling.
small to medium-size
|1/4||teaspoon||tamari or soy sauce|
|1/8||cup||parmesan cheese, finely grated|
Prepare a fire of good wood coals, or preheat a gas grill.
- Melt the butter with the garlic, salt, and tamari in a skillet set over medium heat, then remove from the heat to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Using a basting brush, coat the morels with the melted butter mixture, or roll them around in the melting pot until they are well coated.
- When the coals are ready, place the morels on the grill.
- Rotate the morels after two to three minutes. Continue rotating every couple of minutes until all sides have cooked and they start to get crispy.
Note: Depending on their size and thickness, the morels will take between 5 and 10 minutes to cook thoroughly.
- Remove the morels from the grill and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese before serving.