This variation on traditional guacamole is spectacular with authentic corn chips from the Mexican market. Don’t skimp on produce quality; all of the ingredients must be ripe and fresh to get the full flavor experience!
|4||ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted|
|4||tomatillos, husks removed, cored*|
|3||tablespoons||freshly squeezed lime juice|
|*Find tomatillos in the produce section of good supermarkets, or in Mexican markets.|
- Mash the avocados in a spacious mixing bowl.
- Place the tomatillos, onion, chili, lime juice, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Combine the avocados, tomatillo puree, and cilantro, mixing to blend.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips.