This impressive dessert is fantastic for parties, because it can be prepared entirely in advance. Garnish each plate with a slice of kiwi for an even more gorgeous combination of colors.
|1||recipe||Vanilla Wafer-Almond Crust, cooled|
|1||recipe||Almond Ice Cream **|
|1||cup||raw, blanched Pistachio nuts, chopped*|
|*Most stores only carry pre-salted pistachios, so I blanch them to remove the salt and inner skins.**Substitute best quality, store bought ice cream like Pistachio Pistachioby Ben and Jerry's.|
1. Pre-make and cool the crust.
2. Soften the almond ice cream and scoop it into the crust. Use a spatula to spread it evenly across the pie to the edges.
3 Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 4–6 hours or overnight.
4. Remove from the freezer and let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Spread the pistachios evenly over the pie.
6. Serve in slices, accompanied by the mango sauce.
NOTE: For a fancier presentation, use a squirt bottle to “draw” designs on the each plate with the mango sauce.
4 ½–6 ½ hours downtime.