Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
A classic flavor combination meets a classic summer treat. What’s not to love?
* Substitute a quart of best-quality store bought vanilla ice cream if preferred.**Seedless raspberry jam is sometimes hard to find. Good grocery stores often stock it along with a selection of "all fruit spreads". If not available, strain a jar of raspberry jam with seeds. It's definitely worth the effort.
- Prepare the vanilla bean ice cream as directed.
- Fold in½ cup of Chambord liqueur and freeze for 4–6 hours.
- Alternately, purchase a quart of vanilla ice cream, allow it to soften a bit and beat in the Chambord. (An electric mixer makes it easier to do this quickly, before the ice cream softens up too much.) Freeze until solid.
- Prepare the chocolate wafers.
- Cool the wafers and spread them with seedless raspberry jam.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and scoop or cut a piece of ice cream to fit between the wafers.
- Sandwich the ice cream between the chocolate wafers.
- Wrap the sandwiches individually in plastic wrap or foil and freeze for at least 2 hours.