Preheat oven to 400°
1. Beat the eggs and sugar together in the bowl of your electric mixer until thick.
2. Add the sweet potatoes, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and cream and mix well.
3. Pour into an unbaked pie shell and cook for 40–45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
NOTE: If the crust browns too fast, place a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top until the pie is fully cooked.
4. Cool to room temperature before serving.
5. Top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.