There are many schools of thought on grilling the perfect Reuben: Some cooks butter the bread, others butter the pan. I get the most delicious results by buttering both!
|4||ounces||lean corned beef, thinly sliced|
|1/3||cup||sauerkraut, drained well|
|2||ounces||Swiss cheese, thinly sliced|
|*Use your favorite prepared Russian dressing found in most supermarkets.|
- Butter the outside of each bread slice. Flip the bread and spread the Russian dressing evenly across the inside.
- Layer corned beef and sauerkraut on one slice of bread, cheese and more Russian dressing on the other.
- Press the two sides together to make the sandwich.
- Melt the butter in the skillet set over medium heat.
- Grill the sandwich in the butter until the bread browns evenly and the cheese begins to melt. Flip and grill the other side. Adjust the heat as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve immediately.