Tender poached pears in a rich almond filling offer a decidedly delicious celebration of autumn.
|1||9-inch||pâte sablée tart shell, shaped but unbaked|
|5||tablespoons||butter, room temperature|
|2||pears, poached, cooled and patted dry|
|~||powdered sugar, for garnish|
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the shaped tart shell in the freezer to keep it cold while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, zest and almond paste.
- Slowly beat in the butter, scraping the sides after each addition.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing and scraping after each addition.
- Add the flour and salt all at once and mix until smooth.
- Spread the frangipane filling evenly across the chilled tart shell.
- Cut each pear in half and then cut each half in a fan.
- Use a spatula to lift the cut pears onto the tart, placing evenly at four points on top of the frangipane.
- Place the tart on a baking sheet and bake for 45–50 minutes, until the frangipane is puffed and golden brown.
- Cool on a metal rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.