Layers of true cherry, lime and blue raspberry in one fantastic frozen treat.
|1 1/4||cups||cherry juice|
|2||cups||fresh or frozen Bing cherries, pitted and halved|
|1/4||cup||key lime juice (or regular lime juice)|
|Blue Raspberry layer:|
|8–10||5-ounce||disposable paper cups and wooden sticks, or your favorite freezer pop molds|
For the cherry layer:
- In a small bowl combine the cherries and cherry juice.
- Divide between cups, filling each just under 1/3 full. If you have leftover, make a few more pops.
- Cover the cups with foil and poke the sticks through the foil into the center of each cup.
- Freeze until semi-firm about 2 hours.
For the lime layer:
- In a medium saucepan, simmer water and sugar until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the key lime juice.
- Cool completely.
- Pour into molds on top of cherry layer and freeze for about 2 hours.
For the blue raspberry layer:
- In a medium saucepan combine the berries, water and sugar.
- Simmer over medium heat until the berries are soft, stirring occasionally, about 3–4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and press the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Cool completely and spoon over the lime layer.
- Freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.