A perfect blend of spicy ginger, bright lemon and oh-so-cool cream. Go ahead and try to eat just one!
|1||recipe||lemon custard ice cream*|
|½–3/4||crystallized ginger, finely chopped**|
|1||recipe||spicy ginger snaps|
|*Substitute a quart of best-quality store bought vanilla or lemon ice cream if preferred.**Locate crystallized ginger in the bulk food sections of your supermarket, at kitchen supply stores, or online at Amazon.com.|
- Prepare the lemon custard ice cream as directed.
- Fold in 1/2–3/4 cup of finely chopped crystallized ginger. Freeze until solid.
- If using purchased ice cream, allow it to soften a bit, then fold in the crystallized ginger and return to freezer.
- Prepare the spicy ginger snaps as directed.
- Cool the cookies completely and select 24 good ones.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer, scoop or cut a piece of ice cream to fit between cookies. Sandwich the ice cream between the gingersnaps.
- Wrap the sandwiches individually in plastic wrap or foil and freeze for at least 2 hours.