. The soft Armenian flatbread known as lavosh makes a great foundation for all kinds of savory sandwiches. If you can’t find authentic lavosh (available in many ethnic markets), jumbo flour tortillas work equally well.
|1||10-inch||lavosh bread, or a jumbo flour tortilla|
|1 1/2||tablespoons||horseradish spread|
|4–8||thin slices||deli roast beef|
|2–3||leaves||leafy green lettuce|
|1–2||thin slices||red onion|
|~||freshly ground black pepper|
- Lay the bread on a flat working surface and cover with a light coat of horseradish spread.
- Arrange the roast beef evenly over the bread, being careful to cover the outer edges.
- Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Firmly roll up the sandwich, set it seam-side down on a cutting board, and slice into sections.
- Arrange on a plate and serve.