Chia seed drinks are popular all over the world. Try this variation that is sold by street vendors all over El Salvador. While many vendors color their drinks, raspberries add natural color and great flavor.
|1/2||cup||freshly squeezed lemon juice (approximately 4-5 lemons)|
- Mix 4 cups of water, lemon juice and sugar together in a tall pitcher.
- Pour remaining 2 cups of water into blender with the raspberries and liquefy.
- Strain the raspberry juice, being sure to remove all seeds.
- Pour the juice into the pitcher.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.NOTE: Do not cut this step as the chia seeds need time to become gelatinous and blend into the drink.
- Serve cold in tall glasses.