Aunt Marion’s Eggnog Pudding with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
My friend Colleen Roberts makes this delightful pudding every Christmas Eve. She credits the recipe to her Aunt Marion, who began the tradition decades ago. I love that it’s so easy, yet special enough to feel truly festive.
||heavy cream for whipping
| *One packet equals two teaspoons of gelatin.**Store-bought eggnog works well in this pudding.
- Soften the gelatin in the hot water.
- Combine the eggnog, sugar, cornstarch and gelatin in a heavy-bottomed pan set over medium heat. Whisk until combined and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the pudding into a spacious, heat-resistant bowl and cool completely.
- Whip the cream to medium peaks and whip in the nutmeg and rum.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pudding.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator 6–8 hours, or until chilled through.
- Serve in pretty bowls or long-stemmed glasses with raspberry sauce
20 to 25 minutes, plus 6–8 hours downtime